Faith through the Generations
The History of Wesley United Methodist Church
Wesley United Methodist Church of Oshkosh is in reality a story of four faith communities joining together in union to proclaim the Good News of Christ. These churches include The German Methodist Episcopal Church, The Second Methodist Episcopal Church, Bethel Wesleyan Church (1925), and Park Presbyterian. In the year of 1918 Tenth Street Methodist Episcopal church formed as the result of a merger between these three faith communities. The story of this Union had its start during the fall of 1915 when a united preaching mission was held in Oshkosh. Of the twenty protestant churches cooperating in the mission, three churches emerged to be consolidated into one church. Under the leadership of Rev. J.P. Koeller, pastor of the German Methodist church, and Rev. Carr of Second Methodist church a federation of these two churches was formed in September of 1918.