This year, 2020, marks Harbor House Crisis Shelters, 19th year of providing homeless services in Superior, Wisconsin. We celebrate the continued growth of our organizations, as we have provided emergency shelter, case management, adult and children’s life skill training, resources and referrals, and daily living assistance to over 6400 people. Additionally, in our Transitional Living Center we have provided housing, case management, and life skills to 740 people. These services are made possible by our corporate work together—through financial donations, volunteers, donation drives, and/or our champions for the cause of homelessness. Thank you!
A new opportunity! Harbor House is announcing their “Virtual 5K Race” for August. Wesley Mission Team thought this would be a fun way to support missions and do something apart yet together.
This is what you do. Sign up for the 5K by sending the form below to the
Wesley UMC office either by mail or email.
1. Form a group, sign up and pay your registration and send to Wesley UMC
$10 per adult, $5 per youth, $2 per child 10 and under.
2. Decide how you are going to cover the 5K……walk, run, skate, swim, bike, etc.
3. Ask for sponsors if you desire
4. Chose when you want to “race”…from as little as a day, to each day in a week, or weekly (example: every Monday). Just plan your time during the month of August, your choice!
a. On the way, please take a picture to show how you are “racing” and send it to Wesley for our Home Page.
b. Find a way to “socialize” with those you meet, keeping your physical distance.
A big smile and greeting.
Pick up litter.
Offer a service.
Give a compliment.
Show Joy. Share your faith.
6. Then…accept our thanks for supporting the program of Harbor House Crisis Shelters.
For answers to your questions on the 5K Race call Vernita (920-279-0016) or Doris (920-716-2482). Leave a message and they will return your call.